"SNOWING IN BALI - WENT STRAIGHT TO NUMBER ONE AT AUSTRALIAN AIRPORTS"
RE-RELEASED HOTEL KEROBOKAN IS NUMBER 4
SNOWING IN BALI takes you into the very heart of the multi-million dollar narcotics trade on the paradise island Bali.
- It details the way international dealers smuggle millions of dollars worth of cocaine through the world's most secure airports
- It charts the careers of Bali’s top western dealers, using first-hand accounts of how they built their empires.
- It paints a graphic X-rated picture of hedonism and debauchery on a grand scale – with orgies described in detail by drug dealers themselves.
- It reveals ‘Operation Playboy’ – a Brazilian Federal Police investigation into young, upper middle-class Brazilians, often surfers, using windsurfer booms and surfboards, to smuggle cocaine to Bali and Europe.
- It gives a deeply personal account of why Bali’s biggest cocaine dealer finally went straight.
- It exposes the lucrative business of tourists and expats caught with drugs and cutting deals – making some corrupt Balinese police, judiciary and lawyers richer over night than in their wildest dreams.
- It shows the rise of young surfers who first came to Bali chasing the perfect waves and who started playing the drug game to pay for this dream life, and turned into some of the island's biggest cocaine traffickers.
"Welcome to Hotel Kerobokan, the ironic nickname for Kerobokan Jail, Bali's most notorious prison, and home to a procession of the infamous and the tragic: the BALI BOMBERS, Gold Coast beautician SCHAPELLE CORBY and the BALI NINE, including Scott Rush and Andrew Chan - now on death row - among many others.
In Hotel Kerobokan's filthy and disease-ridden cells, a United Nations of prisoners live crushed together in misery. Petty thieves and small-time drug users share cells with killers, rapists and gangsters. Hardened drug traffickers sleep alongside unlucky tourists, who've seen their holiday turn from paradise to hell over one ecstasy tablet.
Hotel Kerobokan reveals the wild 'sex nights' organized by corrupt guards for prisoners who have the money to pay, the rampant drug use, the suicides and killings, and days out at the beach. It exposes the jail's role in supplying high-grade drugs to the outside, the gang that rules the jail through terror, the corruption that means anything is for sale, and the squalor and misery endured by prisoners.
Written by Kathryn Bonella, the co-author of Schapelle Corby's bestselling autobiography, and backed up by hundreds of prisoner interviews, the truth about Hotel Kerobokan explodes off the page."
SNOWING IN BALI
It's snowing in Bali. Among Bali's drug dealers it's the code for a huge cocaine shipment having just landed. For the men who run the country's drug empires, it's time to get rich and party hard.
Snowing in Bali is the story of the drug trafficking and dealing scene that's made Bali one of the world's most important destinations in the global distribution of narcotics. With its central location to the Asia Pacific market, its thriving tourist industry to act as cover for importation, and a culture of corruption that can easily help law enforcement turn a blind eye, Bali has long been a paradise for traffickers as well as for holiday-makers.
Kathryn Bonella, bestselling author of Hotel Kerobokan, has been given extraordinary access into the lives of some of the biggest players in Bali's drug world, both past and present. She charts their rise to incredible wealth and power, and their drug-fuelled lifestyles, filled with orgies, outrageous extravagance and surfing. But running international drug empires in Bali can also be a highly risky business, with terrible consequences for those caught and convicted.
From the highs of multi-million dollar deals to the desperate lows of death row in an Indonesian high security jail, Snowing in Bali is a unique, uncensored insight into a hidden world.